• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brightness error after root

I looked for similair issues here and on alldroid.org but didnt see anything, but sorry if there already is a thread and i missed it.

I rooted last night, flashed and made recovery. Played with wifi tether everything seems well with no problems, Except but screen brightness doesnt change anymore. its stuck in one setting. tried rebooting, tried battery pull, tried using the power control widget and went to the settings. No auto brightness is NOT enabled...

Is this common after root ? any ides.. ?

Has NOTHING to do with being rooted. It has everything to do with either the ROM you install, or other "fixes". Often the fixes break other stuff. My guess is, in your case, when you enabled the WiFi tether app you broke the brightness control. If you go back a read the thread where you learned how to fix/install the WiFi tether, I'd bet there's a comment about it breaking the brightness control. They usually go hand-in-hand.

I did have the WiFi tether enables on mine, then reverted back to the previous recovery image because I use the brightness control more. Besides, USB tether is good enough for now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones