Brightness Levels

Last Updated:

1. swazey

swazey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I personally like the brightness level to be low, lower than the automatic setting, but not always all the way down. My brightness is currently set all the way down and it seemed to be too low at first, but now I am use to it and that's how I'm gonna roll for the time being. Not to mention that it significantly decreases the light bleeding. I did notice though, that when i turn the screen on, it turns on brighter for a second, then dims down. Anyone else experiencing this?

What are your recommended brightness levels???

Advertisement
  2. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Best bet is to use the Power Control widget. Basically a bar of buttons that let you control the blue tooth, WiFi, brightness, etc. Gives you 3 options of brightness, lowest, med, and highest. Comes in handy when you go from indoors to outdoors.

3. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member

Whatever makes my eyes bleed. If i wanted a dark screen i would have bought an Incredible. haha

Im still rocking the Hero. Just really hard to come out of pocket for 450.
    But i will say that having an on screen brightness setting is nice. i know when i get in my car at night and wake my little tiny hero up the bright light in the dark car can almost blind me. I feel like all the cars around me can see me looking at my super bright phone. That little hero can light up an entire car. I'm only imagining what the EVO can do.

4. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member

I agree, get a brightness widget and set it towards your varying needs. When I don't need it too bright, I keep mine at 25%. When I show it off, I put it on torch mode (100%) :D.

5. tonyguy2000

tonyguy2000 Well-Known Member

What's the name of the widget please?

6. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member

I use an app called brightness level, that's in the market or appbrain...gives you four different levels.

7. phearx

phearx Well-Known Member

It's one of the stock android widgets.

8. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Just make sure you have room on the screen, press on the screen, press widgets, and go to power control/android.
    Great widget to toggle and control everything. I usually put it on the second screen, no real room on the first home screen if your using the weather or a clock.