• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brightness Levels

swazey

May 31, 2010
I personally like the brightness level to be low, lower than the automatic setting, but not always all the way down. My brightness is currently set all the way down and it seemed to be too low at first, but now I am use to it and that's how I'm gonna roll for the time being. Not to mention that it significantly decreases the light bleeding. I did notice though, that when i turn the screen on, it turns on brighter for a second, then dims down. Anyone else experiencing this?

What are your recommended brightness levels???

Whatever makes my eyes bleed. If i wanted a dark screen i would have bought an Incredible. haha

Im still rocking the Hero. Just really hard to come out of pocket for 450.
But i will say that having an on screen brightness setting is nice. i know when i get in my car at night and wake my little tiny hero up the bright light in the dark car can almost blind me. I feel like all the cars around me can see me looking at my super bright phone. That little hero can light up an entire car. I'm only imagining what the EVO can do.

Upvote 0
Best bet is to use the Power Control widget. Basically a bar of buttons that let you control the blue tooth, WiFi, brightness, etc. Gives you 3 options of brightness, lowest, med, and highest. Comes in handy when you go from indoors to outdoors.

I agree, get a brightness widget and set it towards your varying needs. When I don't need it too bright, I keep mine at 25%. When I show it off, I put it on torch mode (100%) :D.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones