• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brightness resets to 100% after reboot or power off/on?

Whenever I reboot or turn the phone off/on the brightness always resets to 100% once the phone boots up. It does this with Xperion ROM and also when the phone was bone stock out of the box new. Ideas?

Just want to chime in and echo what you said. I noticed the same peculiar issue with one of my two MetroPCS F6 as well. Don't remember whether it was like that when new out of box, but it definitely has the issue now.

A few more issues:
1. Timeout setting not remembered and always defaulted to 2min after poweroff and restart
2. Wifi does not connect to 2.4Ghz SSID, while has no issue connecting to the counterpart 5.8Ghz, broadcasted from the same router. It says "Saved, secured".

Tried Upgrade Recovery under LG Mobile Support Tool, KDZ stock 12b rom, and Xperion & Aroma ROMs without available.

Upvote 0
Just want to chime in and echo what you said. I noticed the same peculiar issue with one of my two MetroPCS F6 as well. Don't remember whether it was like that when new out of box, but it definitely has the issue now.

A few more issues:
1. Timeout setting not remembered and always defaulted to 2min after poweroff and restart
2. Wifi does not connect to 2.4Ghz SSID, while has no issue connecting to the counterpart 5.8Ghz, broadcasted from the same router. It says "Saved, secured".

Tried Upgrade Recovery under LG Mobile Support Tool, KDZ stock 12b rom, and Xperion & Aroma ROMs without available.
My issues were all fixed by inserting a SIMcard. Any SIMcard would do the trick. Weird issue, and frankly shouldn't exist. But it's an easy fix.

Reactions: RX8tasy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones