• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Broke my micro SD card in my phone.

M

Member113588

When I installed my micro SD card in my Inc I didn't push it in all the way so I put my battery cover back on and then realized my SD card wasn't working. So I try to take my battery cover off and like an idiot I pried till it snapped the tip of the card off. Now it doesn't come out far enough for me to pull it out. Any ideas?

Yes but you have to be VERY careful. Like, steady as a surgeon doing brain surgery on a newborn kind of careful.

Get yourself a toothpick and some super glue. Put a drop of super glue on a piece of paper and drip the very tip of the toothpick into it. Just enough to get some on there, but you shouldn't see a bubble of it on the tip.

Put the toothpick on the SD card in the phone and hold it there for about a minute. Then pull it out.

If you are not SUPER careful, you will accidentally glue the card in there though. But that's how I got it out of my friends when she did the same thing.

Only other option is to take the phone apart. There is a guide around here somewhere about how to completely disassemble the DINC. Frankly I think the glue is easier but only if you think you can be careful enough not to end up getting it stuck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones