Broke my micro SD card in my phone.Support

Last Updated:

1. zhill29

zhill29 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I installed my micro SD card in my Inc I didn't push it in all the way so I put my battery cover back on and then realized my SD card wasn't working. So I try to take my battery cover off and like an idiot I pried till it snapped the tip of the card off. Now it doesn't come out far enough for me to pull it out. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Yes but you have to be VERY careful. Like, steady as a surgeon doing brain surgery on a newborn kind of careful.

Get yourself a toothpick and some super glue. Put a drop of super glue on a piece of paper and drip the very tip of the toothpick into it. Just enough to get some on there, but you shouldn't see a bubble of it on the tip.

Put the toothpick on the SD card in the phone and hold it there for about a minute. Then pull it out.

If you are not SUPER careful, you will accidentally glue the card in there though. But that's how I got it out of my friends when she did the same thing.

Only other option is to take the phone apart. There is a guide around here somewhere about how to completely disassemble the DINC. Frankly I think the glue is easier but only if you think you can be careful enough not to end up getting it stuck.