Broken Charging PortSupport

Last Updated:

1. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Has anyone else's charging port broke? Mine randomly broke today for no reason at all :dontknow:...I was wondering if Verizon covers it for free or will I have to pay?

2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

They replaced my DroidX for that over a year ago under warranty. I managed to charge the phone if I had the wire just right.

Some usb cables may work better than others. :D
  3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Both the phone AND the charging cable are under warranty. Two weeks after I bought the Nexus, the power cable failed. The replaced it for free. Two months later the little block that plugs into the wall failed... even though the cable itself was fine. Verizon replaced the block.

What troubleshooting have you done, Drexel, to isolate the problem to the phone itself? Will it not charge by ANY method (wall, USB, car)?
  4. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Well-Known Member

Yes. Mine broke a week ago. Called VZW and within 5 min I had another nexus on its way via overnight for free. Returned the bad one the next day, no issues yet. Very fast, easy, and free. The best thing is, I didn't buy my nexus from verizon but they still replaced it, no questions asked :)
  5. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

How does that work?
  6. freelance616

freelance616 New Member

i got charged 100 bucks when mine broke! they said it was the deductible. i had it since it launched and just broke about 2 weeks ago