• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I broke the glass on my warp, ordered another one, and was wondering if any one has done this repair. Looked on youtube and coulld not find the warp n860, the warp sequent was there, is that close enough to my phone to follow to get it done? Thanks.

There is one video on youtube for the n860 and it is terrible. I have taken this phone apart countless times and i can help you. can you post a link to the item you bought? the digitizer is sold either with glass only or with the top half of the casing. it is a easier repair with the top half of the casing...

Reactions: slymike123
Upvote 0
There is one video on youtube for the n860 and it is terrible. I have taken this phone apart countless times and i can help you. can you post a link to the item you bought? the digitizer is sold either with glass only or with the top half of the casing. it is a easier repair with the top half of the casing...

Thanks for the reply, i 'm not home right now and I could use the help. I think it 's the glass with the top half of phone. I 'll get you info when I get home.

Reactions: smartmanvartan
Upvote 0
The one that I ordered is this one,
www.ebay.com/itm/Boost-Mobile-ZTE-Warp-N860-Front-Panel-Touch-Glass-Lens-Digitizer-Screen-Parts-/370785038095. There were cheaper ones but this one said Boost replacement parts so I figured it would fit.

It does fit but it will require you to unstick your broken digitizer from the top half of your current casing. this digitizer is glass only. is your screen shattered or is it in cracked in two pieces? three? the fragments is what you have to worry about but it's no big deal... let me know when you get the screen and i'll make a tut in the mean time.. :)

this one here is the one that is easier to install:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement...052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416b30ee2c

it is twice the price but half the headache... ;)

Reactions: slymike123
Upvote 0
It does fit but it will require you to unstick your broken digitizer from the top half of your current casing. this digitizer is glass only. is your screen shattered or is it in cracked in two pieces? three? the fragments is what you have to worry about but it's no big deal... let me know when you get the screen and i'll make a tut in the mean time.. :)

this one here is the one that is easier to install:

Replacement Touch Screen Digitizer With Front Frame FOR ZTE Warp N860 | eBay

it is twice the price but half the headache... ;)

They look like the same part thats why I got that one. I thought it would easier to change. If it comes with just the glass maybe i`ll get the other one. The glass broke in the upper right corner maybe one square inch, in four pieces. I was wondering, while the phone is apart, if I could replace the vibrator. It never has worked would be nice to fix.

Now that I look at the close up I can see the difference. The link you gave is the one I wanted. I think I will order that one just to make it easier, and return the other one. And yes I will let you know when it arrives. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
They look like the same part thats why I got that one. I thought it would easier to change. If it comes with just the glass maybe i`ll get the other one. The glass broke in the upper right corner maybe one square inch, in four pieces. I was wondering, while the phone is apart, if I could replace the vibrator. It never has worked would be nice to fix.

Now that I look at the close up I can see the difference. The link you gave is the one I wanted. I guess I will try to replace just the glass and see how it goes.

Here is an interesting question for you... You say your vibrator doesn't work... on the bottom of your screen you have the buttons. do they light up? and do you have the back speaker working? The back speaker, vibrator, lights for the buttons and the camera button are all running off the same board. if none of these functions work, that board might just be disconnected...

Upvote 0
Here is an interesting question for you... You say your vibrator doesn't work... on the bottom of your screen you have the buttons. do they light up? and do you have the back speaker working? The back speaker, vibrator, lights for the buttons and the camera button are all running off the same board. if none of these functions work, that board might just be disconnected...

All those things work fine always have but the vibrator never has.

Upvote 0
ok so it's most probably hardware... but just in case you didn't do it yet... try wiping dalvik cache in your recovery. it is under advanced options in CWM and under wipe options in TWRP.

When I flashed Halo Jelly I wiped cache / dalvik cache as per instructions and before Halo Jelly I was on nOOb viii.ii which wipes every thing when flashed according its instructions. I was just wondering if it was some thing that could be fixed with out too much hassle.

Upvote 0
The part that I ordered should be here by Monday, I`ll have to send it back and exchange it for the other one so it will be another week or so before I get it. :rolleyes: I`ll keep checking back for your tut, but if I need to talk to you, if something goes wrong, how can I get in touch with you. Thanks again for all your help.:hmmmm2:

Upvote 0
The part that I ordered should be here by Monday, I`ll have to send it back and exchange it for the other one so it will be another week or so before I get it. :rolleyes: I`ll keep checking back for your tut, but if I need to talk to you, if something goes wrong, how can I get in touch with you. Thanks again for all your help.:hmmmm2:

I live here!... :p... you can send me a pm or post in this thread or if you want you can send me an email smartmanvartan@gmail.com :)

Upvote 0
I have the board in question as a spare part and also a clean top half of the casing without digitizer... if you cover the shipping cost, you can have them...

Sorry I missed this post, just came back to check in and saw it. If those are some thing that you don`t need sure I`ll take them, but you have to charge me some thing for them. I would not feel right not paying for them, especially because you are already helping me. That way I can just keep the glass that I ordered. The digitizer is the glass part right? Don`t know all the lingo yet. So let me know I`d be happy to make a deal with you. Going to sleep now will check back in the morning

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones