• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Browser and text entry boxes?

Bwangster12

Sep 9, 2010
So, it sounds like most of my concerns have been covered... able to download Google Navigation, add Google Voice Search button to home screen, trash Bing widget...

But my questions are in regards to the text entry boxes and the browser. In the browser where you go to type the URL, there is a MIC button, right? If I press that, what voice search does it use? Does the stock browser use Bing Voice Search? Would I need a different browser to be able to utilize Google Voice Search within my browser?

Same with sending text messages, emails... anywhere there is a text entry box. Do these boxes that pop up the keyboard and present you with a MIC button use Bing Voice or Google Voice to enter the text?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones