Browser crashes navigating to google.comSupport

Last Updated:

1. Gravy Jones

Gravy Jones New Member This Topic's Starter

So far the issue seems to be only when navigating to google's website (go figure). The page starts loading then the browser shuts down. This is my 4th day with the phone, and it worked the first 2 days. Yesterday was when I noticed it first. I've tried restarting the phone as well as restoring the browser's default settings with no luck.

Model Number: Samsung SPH-M900 (Moment)
    Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
    Baseband Version: S:M900.8.0S.DE03
    Kernel Version: 2.6.29
    Build Number: ECLAIR.DE03

Advertisement
  2. krcm0209

krcm0209 New Member

I have the same exact problem you have. The same exact phone too. For some reason I ju st get the feeling it's crashing because google.com is trying to access GPS data. I do not know of another site that does though to make sure.

3. _Underscore

_Underscore New Member

i found that if you open "menu" then "settings" then "privacy" from you desktop and check use my location the browser stops crashing.
    and then if you get a message saying something like Google wants you use your location you should decline...
    again not a fix but a workaround

good luck :)
    [​IMG]

4. delphis

delphis Member

This has been happening on my Aria too. The workaround seems to work well. Does anyone know if either HTC or Google is working on this?

5. chance2jump

chance2jump New Member

Thanks for the work around, _Underscore. This fixed my issue as well.

6. likefrogs47

likefrogs47 New Member

Recently my browser also crashes all the time also when linked to google. In privacy settings my "use location" is checked but has not helped.

Anyone have any other suggestions. Oh and when using Opera browser I don't have this problem whatsoever. Might have to just stick with that until a fix is available. I don't like doing factory restarts cause is wastes too much time.

7. cobalt

cobalt Well-Known Member

Did you try toggling the location setting? (From the previous posts I wasn't sure if turning it off or on was the solution.)

Also, there's probably a setting within the google page as well as the obvious one for the phone itself. Again, you might toggling both of them.