• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Browser lock-up

DuckHunter

Nov 15, 2009
Didn't see another thread on this yet.

Twice this week, after using the browser for a while it will stop loading pages. No error noted... just the yellow loading bar stops about 1/2 way and won't do anymore. The circle still spins like it is working, but nothing. Turning the phone off and back on fixes the issue.

I have also cleared the cache before restarting with no result.

Has anyone else seen this happen?

I am having the same issue too.
Pages no longer loading in the android browser nearly daily for me.
I have tried closing all windows, clearing cache, history and even resetting the browser to default has no effect.
I have to pull the battery and restart the phone (verizon/motorola droid) to get it back.

Proir to the browser locking up, it usually stops allowing me to select the search / login options on google.com or craigslist, soon after that, nothing seems to load, now even the default android homepage, yellow loading bar gets about half- 2/3rds along, then nothing more.

Any suggestions I could test out?

-Nick

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones