• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Browser lockup

Baz8755

Jul 13, 2010
South Coast UK
On both 2.1 & 2.2 I have found that occasionally the browser progress bar will only get 90% before becoming getting stuck. You can try as many times as you like to view the page but it will always get stuck.The only way I have found to cure this is to force stop the internet app, then everything is fine again. Anyone else seen this or know how to stop it occurring?

i'm going to try dolphin HD as i've heard a bit about it.
fiddled about with it for ten minutes and prefer standard browser =/ maybe you just have to get used to it?
Did you get the standard or new HD version? There's a lot of difference between them. HD has a lot more features. You can flick to the right to get the history and bookmarks and to the left to see a different menu. Yes, I'm a fanboy :D

I'd be happy enough with the stock browser if I could get it to work more than 50% of the time. :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones