Browser multi touch and zoom buttons

1. hondapro

hondapro Active Member

I finally installed bugless beast 7.4 and really like it. I like the multi touch in all the applications but I found that I miss having the zoom buttons in the browser. I like the multi touch for fine zoom control but I like just hitting the zoom button and it automatically fits the text to the screen. Does anyone know of a way to have both? I know you can double tap the screen but I find I like the button better.

Advertisement
  2. hondapro

hondapro Active Member

Dose anyone know how I would go about removing the browser in the rom and replacing it with the stock 2.0.1 browser?
  3. hondapro

hondapro Active Member

Nevermind I just answered my own question. I got it from a nandroid backup.
  4. hondapro

hondapro Active Member

So I removed the the multi touch browser files and put the original browser.apk and browser.odex back in /system/app but then the phone wont boot. I put the mtbrowser files back and it works fine again. I thought that would work but apparently not. Does anyone know how I would go about doing this? :confused:
  5. GorillaTheHutt

GorillaTheHutt Well-Known Member

this isn't helpful to you, but it really annoys me that MT and the zoom buttons are mutually exclusive. why can't we have both?? the zoom buttons are much nicer for one-handed use, but the MT is nice for precision zoom. really a bummer that they actually take out the zoom button for MT.
  6. hondapro

hondapro Active Member

Yea Exactly what I thought. I wonder if the Nexus one has the zoom buttons and mt.
  7. droidosis

droidosis Well-Known Member

The video I saw of the 2.1 MT on the Nexus had both pinch zoom and the zoom buttons. Could it be that your hacked ROM is just that? It isn't the official MT browser, right?

-droidosis-
  8. droidosis

droidosis Well-Known Member

The latest update to the Google maps app has pinch zoom and the zoom buttons on the Droid, I just checked.

EDIT: double tap zoom also works.

-droidosis-
  9. hondapro

hondapro Active Member

Yea the browser in the rom is not a Google release. I'm not complaining I just want to go back to the old browser and keep everything else in the rom.
  10. hondapro

hondapro Active Member

I finally got the stock version working. I found that Pete put up a deodexed stock 2.0.1 nandroid backup here. I removed the mt browser and copied the stock Browser.apk to the phone and it works great.

I did this with adb but you can do it from the phone too.

From Phone:
    Code (Text):
    1. mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    2. rm /system/lib/libmtwebcore.so
    3. cat sdcard/Browser.apk > /system/app/Browser.apk
    4. mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    5. sync
    From Computer:
    Code (Text):
    1. adb shell
    2. $ su
    3. # mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system