• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Browsing Phone's Messages On PC?

PDX_Dragon

Apr 26, 2020
Hi Folks:

I need to browse messages on my phone, Galaxy A14 5G, and copy text from those that interest me to a text file on my PC.

I want to get the messages on my PC which will make selecting those of interest easier.

I started by backing up my entire phone to the PC, something I try to do occasionally.

I've done a little reading, and apparently the messages are in an SQLite database file.

The directory with the backup contains a directory named MESSAGE. It's content is Message.smem, not an SQLite .db file.

So, anyway, that isn't working.

How do I copy the message SQLite database to my PC, or accomplish my task in another way?

Thanks
Larry

You would probably have to root your phone to find it. Then I'm not sure you could find something for your PC to open and read it.

Why don't you open your phones text messages on your PC and then copy and past the information you want to save to a word file.

Maybe someone else here has a better solution.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do you keep every text message on your phone or do you delete them? That is the key, because once you delete them, they are unrecoverable.
Install this from the play store :
Once installed, set it up and let it backup your saved messages, then you can save those files to your PC...

Upvote 0
Use samsung's dex
Thanks ocnbrze:

Samsung Dex looks like a great feature.

Unfortunately, only higher end phones seem to have Dex.

My Galaxy A14 5G is a model that was introduced last year, 2023, but apparently didn't make the cut.

Dex doesn't seem to be an app I can download from the Google store.

I appreciate the suggestion.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thanks ocnbrze:

Samsung Dex looks like a great feature.

Unfortunately, only higher end phones seem to have Dex.

My Galaxy A14 5G is a model that was introduced last year, 2013, but apparently didn't make the cut.

Dex doesn't seem to be an app I can download from the Google store.

I appreciate the suggestion.

Larry
well looks like you might want to consider an upgrade then.....lol

try these:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones