• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bubble Bazinga - does it work on a G1?

i just updated the special and the public version (current game version is 0.99). i added a hack which finishes the game in the onPause() callback. this way it should always exit regardless if a call comes in or if you exit the game manually. when restarting the game it should resume the old state. would you mind doing another test for me?

first test was to hit HOME key and start map app .. then long press HOME key and reselect BB the display says restoring saved game ... some time it works and other times it returns to black screen and locks up and then you have to wait for ForceClose ... then restart game ... restarting game then will bring back saved game .... so one way is smooth restart and the other is not great but still works...

I tested incoming phone call only once .. it worked perfect and resume of game was perfect ...

BTW if you start a new game and then just decide to quit before doing anything clicking the END key does nothing .. you now have to hit the HOME key to exit game ..

Upvote 0
first test was to hit HOME key and start map app .. then long press HOME key and reselect BB the display says restoring saved game ... some time it works and other times it returns to black screen and locks up and then you have to wait for ForceClose ... then restart game ... restarting game then will bring back saved game .... so one way is smooth restart and the other is not great but still works...
i can't reproduce that in the emulator. hmm, at least it picks up the saved state properly.

BTW if you start a new game and then just decide to quit before doing anything clicking the END key does nothing .. you now have to hit the HOME key to exit game ..
very strange. couldn't reproduce that here. is this after resuming a saved game or when you start a new game (ie. preloader says "starting ...")?
with END key you mean the "back"/arrow key?

thanks for testing, again. you help me a lot!

Upvote 0
i can't reproduce that in the emulator. hmm, at least it picks up the saved state properly.

very strange. couldn't reproduce that here. is this after resuming a saved game or when you start a new game (ie. preloader says "starting ...")?
with END key you mean the "back"/arrow key?

thanks for testing, again. you help me a lot!

Yes the "back-arrow" is what i mean as the "end" key

This happens for a brand new game ... phone power down ...battery removed and phone restarted... it is to be noted that my name is still loaded(desireable side effect )... and my score is retrieved ... Intital load screen says "Starting..."

Upvote 0
Yes the "back-arrow" is what i mean as the "end" key

This happens for a brand new game ... phone power down ...battery removed and phone restarted... it is to be noted that my name is still loaded(desireable side effect )... and my score is retrieved ... Intital load screen says "Starting..."

i tried restarting the emulator, starting the game and then pressing "back" on the main menu screen. it exits nicely. it also does exit when i do the same and then hit the "play" button and then hit "back" two times.
i just uploaded a new version of the game. maybe you want to do another test with exactly the same code that i have. but there shouldn't be a difference to the previous version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones