• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bugless beast and Multimedia Dock

-=Jeff=-

Android Expert
Jan 2, 2010
Bartlett, IL
looking to possibly root and install BB 1.1. but I was wondering if BB retains the display an such found when I plug it into the Motorola Multimedia Dock.

I am probably going to leave it at 550MHz to start with too.

I would like the added features of the BB, but wanted to be sure the Multimedia dock and even Car dock (got the Motorola bundle) work well with BB 1.1

Oh yeah and he states the you can update from any rooted ROM. so does that mean as soon as I root my OEM I can update without loosing everything I have installed? using the Update.zip method?

yes that is correct. I would however HIGHLY recommend that you flash a new recover image and create a nandroid backup first before you install any ROMs. That way if something is not your liking you can revert your phone to the way it was before you added the ROM.

There are a few ways to do this backup. There are apps in the market called Droid Root Pro and Droid Root Helper. Pro is paid Helper is free. This is the easiest way if you are not comfortable with ABD and linux commands all that stuff. If you are here is how to do it:

Custom Recovery Image | Root Your Droid

Full System Backup Using Nandroid | Root Your Droid

Hope this helps!

Oh and yes the MM dock display is the same with BB

Reactions: -=Jeff=-
Upvote 0
THANKS..

I also saw this:
[How To] Easily install Bugless Beast using only SPRecovery, Terminal Emulator, & zip - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
from Matth3w I was going to follow, I think this also does what you are suggesting for a backup right?

Yeah that does include the recovery image and the nandroid backup. Those directions look very comprehensive. They should be pretty easy to follow. Good luck with the whole rooting process. You will be glad you did.

Upvote 0
Reactions: -=Jeff=-
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones