• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root bugs in II4

Hark

Oct 5, 2009
Can someone tell me what known bugs there are with II4?

Yes I know ooooooold firmware. Thing is I've just been given a replacement Galaxy because of the dialpad bug. I had hoped they'd (o2) replace my phone with a different handset but instead they've given me a Galaxy with I7500XXII4. They say I need to have replaced the phone more often (!!!!) before they will give me a different phone. I wish I'd returned it earlier in the year when it was plagued with missed calls, random reboots and all the other bugs we had to endure before firmware fixes.

So now my only way to persuade them to replace the phone is to show them the bugs with II4. So instead of me waiting a week or two and finding the bugs myself, can anyone remember what bugs this firmware has? I have tried searching but it's too messy. I've also tried updating using NPS as I'd obviously rather not be on 1.5 but NPS always gives me a "no file to download error". So that's my first bug, help me find more so I can complain to o2! Thanks.

I cannot remember... 4 I think. Twice a few months ago, and another couple of times this month.

Apart from running Donut it seems fairly stable now. I just feel after having problems with this phone for so many months (unusable for the first 3 months with dropped calls & reboots) and since then the annoying dialpad issue making a lot of calls impossible they should do the decent thing and offer me a replacement. I am just sick and tired of this phone. But evidently I have to have gotten another replacement or two before that is allowed!!! As I said if only i'd known that i'd have returned it months ago instead of being so patient.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones