1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Bugs

1. Tastycakess

Tastycakess Member

Anyone else have the same bugs as me?

So far if I put the soft keys backlight to "always on" it just turns them off.

The screen is crazy sensitive to movement. Sometimes when I flick up the act of taking my thumb off gets picked up as movement and flicks the screen down. Typing w/ the stock keyboard or any keyboard other than swype is just a pain. Add the very slippery screen to it and it just makes it worse. I found a cheap screen protector off ebay has more resistance helps alot.

It has done a few random reboots lately but seems to only happen when it's in my pocket.

Other than this the phone is pretty awesome IMO. I like it better than my evo 3d :D

Advertisement
  2. AlwaysSmile

AlwaysSmile Active Member

Yes the screen is very sensitive and lots of times when I try to tap to zoom it just moves up or down cuz I moved my finger to.fast but otherwise the phone is really great and cant way for Jelly Bean on it!!!!
  3. Tastycakess

Tastycakess Member

It's funny I've been playing around, if you turn the pointer location on in dev options then play around w/ clicking you can see it. If you just tap you can see it actually draw movement 1 out of 5-10 taps, pretty annoying :/
  4. RyanSupertramp

RyanSupertramp Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed anything weird about my screen however, these just a couple things I've noticed after using the phone for a few days:

Sometimes, locking the screen while listening to the music causes the phone to stop playing.
    You can't move apps to the SD Card (Thanks Google)
    At times the phone randomly thinks there is no SD card, making me take it out and place it back in the phone before it can read what's on it.
    The screen seems to randomly turn on in my pocket. I've pocket dialed/texted multiple times. (I could solve that with putting a lock on the phone but that's a pain in the ass...)

I'm sure there will be more things to come, but being that I've only had the phone a few days there isn't too much to report on yet.
  5. RyanSupertramp

If you're on Virgin Mobile I wouldn't count on an update. We'll probably have to wait for a custom Rom. If you're not on VM, then you're probably in a better position for an update than I am. haha
  6. AlwaysSmile

AlwaysSmile Active Member

to be really honest I am in the same position you are!
  7. mb41186

mb41186 Well-Known Member

There are times where the screen isn't responsive at all for me, there has been a couple of times where the phone randomly just restarted on it's own.
  8. dataminer

dataminer Member

Yeah I had a random restart yesterday. First since I got it. Any chance that might have been some semblance of an update restart? (I'm on VM)
  9. RyanSupertramp

Doubtful, It was probably just a random reboot. I've had the phone for a few days now and it's happened to me once.
  10. mb41186

The random reboots are starting to have be more frequent for me, about 2-3 times a day. Not sure why this is happening!! gahHH
  11. dobbs69

dobbs69 Well-Known Member

I noticed the last post was in October. Just wondering if the folks with reboots are still having reboots? I purchased mine yesterday and got a reboot while pulling out out of my pocket. Also, for some reason my Wi-Fi keeps turning itself on, can't seem to figure it out.
  12. mb41186

The reboots are pretty much the same for me, and usually happens when putting it in or taking it out of my pocket. and yes My Wifi turns on/off when it wants to also, although there is this feature called Connection Optimizer, which connects you to a remember wi-fi hotspot if your phone has it remembered on ur wifi-networks.
    james391 and dobbs69 like this.
  13. dobbs69

dobbs69 Well-Known Member

Thanks to mb41186 I found the connection optimizer box and unchecked it and that solved my WiFi from magically coming on at will. Also, haven't had anymore reboots since the first day. This phone is turning out to be nice for 2 c-notes!
  14. AndroidHaCks

AndroidHaCks Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure these "random reboots" are when the phone is bogged down with too many running apps. That's Android's last resort when the phone's about to freeze. Try using the back button instead of the home button to exit out of apps. And close unnessecary running apps in the multitasking menu
  15. learning2

learning2 Well-Known Member

One bug I've noticed is that it seems that the stock apps are all hard-coded to use each other.

When I hit the back button to get out of the stock music player, it launches the stock launcher (even though I have the "home" button set to use Nova launcher). The stock camera wants to preview photos using the stock gallery app (even though I want to use Quick Pic).

Not a huge bug, just a little annoying.