• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Burned by my 3year old and Glu's awful Customer Service

3 year old son purchased 640 credits of Glu ($9.99) on Blood & Glory on my Asus Tablet.

Yes, my fault that I did not have PIN number set up before hand to ensure no purchases would or could have been made without my permission. Still accidents do happen.

I've heard of parents dealing with this type of situation before and being able to receive refunds back with out any problems. Didn't think I would ever have to deal with this, but surprise surprise..I did. I was hoping this would be an easy process to notify the company of what happened and getting my money refunded, but I was very wrong.

Contacted Glu Mobile with a Email and received a reply stating the following:

Thank you for contacting Glu Mobile Customer Care.

We have detected that your inquiry is about an Android Market billing issue. We currently are experiencing a heavy volume of requests. Our response time by an agent is quite long but we do not want to keep you waiting. This auto reply should provide enough information to help you with your inquiry. If you still need to engage with our team, you can submit a ticket from our support page at: glu.com/support (Ask a Question is the link you want to click on).

-Glu Mobile has a no refund policy. This information is stated in our Terms of Use glu.com/terms)
-In-App purchases are non refundable. This is also stated in our terms of use.

-Unauthorized purchases / unintentional purchases:

Purchasing Apps and In-Game currency requires the device operator to select and agree to these purchases on the device that is being used. This action is initiated by the person using the device at the time of purchase.

The Android Market prompts the user with an

Honestly, I see nothing wrong. They are simply upholding the terms and conditions you agreed to when you bought the game. If you were in a supermarket and did not see your child put another item and you ended up paying for it, can you return the item and get a refund? I think not.

All I can see is that you yourself was not responsible with your own device and in your irritation over a small amount of money is looking for someone to blame other than yourself.

You agreed to the No Refund Policy, so there isn't anything wrong. Your argument won't even stand up in court.

Upvote 0
Honestly, I see nothing wrong. They are simply upholding the terms and conditions you agreed to when you bought the game. If you were in a supermarket and did not see your child put another item and you ended up paying for it, can you return the item and get a refund? I think not.

All I can see is that you yourself was not responsible with your own device and in your irritation over a small amount of money is looking for someone to blame other than yourself.

You agreed to the No Refund Policy, so there isn't anything wrong. Your argument won't even stand up in court.

I agree with you but ... if it hasn't been opened or eaten, yes, you CAN return items to the supermarket.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones