Buttons Being Randomly PressedGeneral

1. Evan1

Evan1 Member

My SG2 with Sprint recently started long pressing the Home Button randomly by itself. I do not know at all what triggers it and so far there is no pattern of when it decides to do it. I did a factory reset and the issue was not resolved. Does anyone have any solution or can anyone let me know if they have this problem.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Netcat

Netcat Well-Known Member

So with this phantom long press of the home button you're seeing the "recent applications" window pop up? This should not be happening unless something you installed is causing the problem. Factory resetting should fix a problem like this UNLESS you have installed a custom ROM. If so, then a factory reset will only reset the custom ROM, but will not return your phone to the stock ROM.
  3. Samsmalls

Samsmalls Well-Known Member

Your digitizer/screen may be going out unfortunately there's no solution besides a replacement! if it continues randomly, & seems to be spreading to other buttons or on screen menus that you didn't press take it in for a replacement.
  4. Evan1

Evan1 Member

I took the phone to a Sprint store and they replaced my scree. I have not had the problem since.

Thanks.
  5. murdock5151

murdock5151 New Member

How much did they charge you for the screen replacement?