• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buttons Being Randomly Pressed

Evan1

Dec 3, 2011
My SG2 with Sprint recently started long pressing the Home Button randomly by itself. I do not know at all what triggers it and so far there is no pattern of when it decides to do it. I did a factory reset and the issue was not resolved. Does anyone have any solution or can anyone let me know if they have this problem.

Thanks

My SG2 with Sprint recently started long pressing the Home Button randomly by itself. I do not know at all what triggers it and so far there is no pattern of when it decides to do it. I did a factory reset and the issue was not resolved. Does anyone have any solution or can anyone let me know if they have this problem.

Thanks

So with this phantom long press of the home button you're seeing the "recent applications" window pop up? This should not be happening unless something you installed is causing the problem. Factory resetting should fix a problem like this UNLESS you have installed a custom ROM. If so, then a factory reset will only reset the custom ROM, but will not return your phone to the stock ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones