• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buzzing in earpiece

smittythepig

Android Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2009
Richmond, VA
I am pretty sure what's causing this, but wanted to see how common it was. I just got my replacement Eris a few days ago and it seems to be new. Everything on it works great. However, there is often a buzzing in the earpiece when people are talking, especially when the volume is at higher levels. It just has that sound of a slightly loose speaker or something. I hate the thought of going through the return process again and it's not hugely annoying but I wonder if it will get worse. Anything else that might cause this? Didn't have this issue before. Seems tough to get a perfect phone. If it's not one thing it's another.

I'm on my 3rd Eris now for that very issue, it's very annoying. Its especially noticeable at higher volumes. I'm not sure whats causing this and it has occasionally happened with my current Eris. I wondered if it had something to do with the paint on the ear piece grill flaking off and becoming trapped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones