• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bypassing the MetroPCS tether restriction screen?

ashtrayz

Lurker
Dec 11, 2014
Just successfully rooted my l70, wanted to know if there was a way to bypass the MetroPCS tether restriction screen...

I have been able to surf the web on the PC and PDANet works perfectly for both usb tether and wifi tether. But only on PC and thats just to browse the internet. Ive been using User Agent Switcher on chrome to allow me to surf but due to the block partially still being there I cannot connect to any game servers for any games I have on the PC.. I recieve ping feedback and can read the servers but cannot actually connect to them. Only thing that works fine is basically internet requiered applications like skype, and steam.

Wanted to know if there was something I could do as a rooted l70 user to remove this 'block'. I tried the VPN method with 'VPN in Touch Free' but that doesnt really work it just keeps sites from loading at all and causing DNS error.

Thanks.

Another reason I want to remove this block so I can actually hook up some wifi for my devices around the house like the xbox one.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones