• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

c:geo ~ go geocaching: A direct hook in to your geocache account

Rhysd2

Jan 11, 2010
Near Bristol
I was relatively new to geocaching and had been using my phone with google maps to input various map co-ords to enable me to get to the rough areas of the caches. Then someone on the forums recommended this App. Its like night and day.

The first great feature of this app is the fact it hooks directly into the geocaching site. Enabling you to view cache info as you would on the web page directly within the app.

Secondly it enables you to see the clues and the posts from other users all within the app just as on the web page.

Then at the touch of the button it can push the waypoint to google maps or load google maps within the program enabling you to track your way to the cache.

And of course once you there you can mark that you've found it and add your comment :)

It really is a complete package that gives you access to all aspects you need to geocache and acts as a part of the geocaching site itself. Truly a complete tool for anyone who has an Android phone. And its FREE! An absolute must have for Android geocachers, and it even works ok on GPRS without being too slow.

I have tried several programs on several phones, including the Blackberry and I-Phone and found this one to be one of the best out there - if not THE best. My only confusion right now lies in how to retrieve those caches marked as found since it doesn't come across Geocaching.com as field notes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones