• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cabin Fever

olbriar

Jun 19, 2010
Land of Oz
I hate the winter season and the cold weather it always brings. Being retired, I have few reasons to venture out. I start to feel like a caged animal. I have the forums, reading, and TV to fill the hours but I need to get out of the house. I look forward to any sort of excuse to leave the house. Grocery shopping is even a desirable chore these days.
Today, the wife and I are meeting another couple at my cabin for brews and BS. It will be a break in the monotonous days that seem endless this time of year.
Do you suffer from cabin fever? Do you have any clever relief suggestions?

Couldn't call mine cabin fever because I can leave the house whenever I feel like it. I've been with Seasonal Affective Disorder for some years now. After I retired in 2000 I had 2 young girls to raise, so I had that foremost on my mind. Last several years though have been hard, keeping my oldest granddaughter and not leaving the house.

This year I added vitamin D3 and eat some dark chocolate at bedtime to steer my mood in the right direction.

Upvote 0
LOL! I used to store my Trailer at the KOA in Tucson. It was expensive $100 a month, but it gave me an excuse to visit my wife's relatives in Arizona during the winter

traileraz.jpg

Upvote 0
It felt really good to get out this afternoon. It was pretty cool on the deck but we lit the patio heater and stayed outside until we had to go in. I needed that time away from home and will try to spend more time at the cabin. Part of the fun was being somewhere else for a change. Mostly the fun was visiting with the other couple. I think that's the worst part of cabin fever is missing the interaction with other people.

Upvote 0
olbriar said:
Grocery shopping is even a desirable chore these days.

We had above freezing temps for the past several days and I have been inside ready to climb the walls. Temps are up in the 50's yesterday and this morning ... until the next front blows through this afternoon plunging us back into freezing zone.

I am headed to the grocery store after I am done here.

LOL

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that PitCarver. It has to be miserable being somewhat mobility limited. I enjoy a walk when the weather is cooperating.

It's been over 25 years since I had my first replacement, olbriar. Did good until the state decided to retire me in 2000. Couple years later I had to have the second one done.
The first is wearing out, but has lasted longer than expected. The second one should never go bad .
Add arthritis, corporal tunnel syndrome pinched nerve and pulled muscles I don't get out much.
Still though I enjoy simply sitting out on sunny afternoons soaking up the vitamin D.

Upvote 0
It did warm into the forties and then fifties, eventually I had a stretch of high sixties and low seventies. It was a wonderful break from the cold gray of winter and I took full advantage of the change. I worked in the yard, took walks, and spent time just sitting in the sun reading. It's been wet and gloomy with temps in the low forties the last few days. It makes that fun in the sun all the more special. I'm ready for spring now. :)

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones