• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calander entries disappear after entry

jwest21

Lurker
Nov 11, 2010
The calander widget is frustrating me. I enter details about an upcoming meeting, hit save and the event appears. About 20 seconds later it disappears without me doing anything. I figured I would try to delete the app and reinstall it but when I go to settings/app/manage app and try to delete it, the "delete" function is grayed out. Any suggestions?

The stock calendar can't be deleted. You could possibly delete the CACHE and start again.

Just make sure you have MyCalendar and GoogleCalendar both checked.

When you make an entry on the phone, it defaults the entry to your phone's calendar, not the Google Calendar...So it's possible your entry is in the phone, just not showing because you only have the phone showing Google Calendar entries.

If you want the entry to show in your Google Calendar, you need to make sure you select that option before saving the event.

Upvote 0
I have a Samsung Epic which I just got about a month ago and I'm having the same issue. I will enter something in the calendar, I save it and see the entry in the calendar. But like you, about 20 seconds later, I go back to check it and it's not there! I notice if I enter it again, the entry will stay. I don't think it should matter which calendar you choose, Google or Outlook. I don't think we should have to delete the cache or anything to fix this. This is not acceptable especially if you depend on this for business. Is there going to be a fix for this? Google?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones