• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Callers say powered off but my HTC Desire is always on

irfan

Lurker
Apr 13, 2010
Most of the callers complain that my number is switched off but I never power off my handset. I tried with another number and observed the same while my HTC Desire was in front of me and powered on. At times it does connect but most of the time not.
I have full bars. I was using HTC Touch Pro2 earlier at the same location for at least 10 months now. Had no issues with network. Got my HTC desire 3 days ago and have this problem ever since.

What network are you on? Your symptoms sound same as mine with a T-Mobile G2 (HTC Hero) in that if the phone is set to 3G and the 3G network is weak or non-existent, the handset refuses to make or receive calls or texts. It can be solved by setting the handset to only use 2G. I would suggest trying that to start and seeing if it solves the problem - at least it'll tell you what the underlying issue it.

Upvote 0
ive had this exact same issue. im on orange in uk and always have full or almost full signal and hsdpa connection. girlfriend has noticed this most due to frequency of calls but when she ring she will be diverted straight to answerphone without my phone alerting me of anything and then she trys to call straight back and it always connects on the second attempt, then i recieve a txt saying i have missed a call. its also cut me off during a call a few time when both partys have had full signal. i spoke to orange about this who checked a few things (mainly call divert status) and said they cant see any reason for the issue. that was a week ago and its still happend a few times so i went back to carphone warehouse and they have just replaced with with a new phone about 2 hours ago now so i will let u no its any better or not

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones