Callers say powered off but my HTC Desire is always on

Last Updated:

1. irfan

irfan New Member This Topic's Starter

Most of the callers complain that my number is switched off but I never power off my handset. I tried with another number and observed the same while my HTC Desire was in front of me and powered on. At times it does connect but most of the time not.
    I have full bars. I was using HTC Touch Pro2 earlier at the same location for at least 10 months now. Had no issues with network. Got my HTC desire 3 days ago and have this problem ever since.

Advertisement
  2. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

What network are you on? Your symptoms sound same as mine with a T-Mobile G2 (HTC Hero) in that if the phone is set to 3G and the 3G network is weak or non-existent, the handset refuses to make or receive calls or texts. It can be solved by setting the handset to only use 2G. I would suggest trying that to start and seeing if it solves the problem - at least it'll tell you what the underlying issue it.

3. irfan

irfan New Member This Topic's Starter

Im on a 2g connection already and not in US or UK. The problem seems to be during a data connection (GPRS/Edge)

4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

You cant have data AND calls. One or the other ;)

5. stewalker

stewalker Member

ive had this exact same issue. im on orange in uk and always have full or almost full signal and hsdpa connection. girlfriend has noticed this most due to frequency of calls but when she ring she will be diverted straight to answerphone without my phone alerting me of anything and then she trys to call straight back and it always connects on the second attempt, then i recieve a txt saying i have missed a call. its also cut me off during a call a few time when both partys have had full signal. i spoke to orange about this who checked a few things (mainly call divert status) and said they cant see any reason for the issue. that was a week ago and its still happend a few times so i went back to carphone warehouse and they have just replaced with with a new phone about 2 hours ago now so i will let u no its any better or not

6. punky

punky Well-Known Member

I had this briefly. I was doing something on the phone at the time. Once the phone was ut down, the calls kept coming through.

nx1977 has a good point, i'd need to test it more.

7. stewalker

stewalker Member

just a lil update to let you no how im getting on.

this second phone has had no issues at all. no connection problem so far and also hsdpa signal doesnt hang anymore and syncs perfectly on its own where before it wouldnt i had to do it manually. also trackpad is more responsive.

8. fast eddy

fast eddy Active Member

I had this problem too,really annoying as most of the time I had the phone in my hand when I was receiving the missed call text. I took mine back to cpw & they exchanged the handset for another, not had a problem with the new one but will post here if it does it again.

9. tgaches

tgaches New Member

i have a htc desire and want to know if u can have callers name on my phone ,i had a htc wildfire and it use to do it when u hada text message it would say who it was from im sure it was on the phone in settings some where but can t seem to find it on the desire help