• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Calling ALL of the *LG VOLT* Experts, Dev's, and Guru's! (Origional Volt & VM Data D

robles4242

Sep 14, 2014
USA
I origionally had a LG Volt with a Beyond Talk plan.... I bought a Walmart phone, that i didnt know was labeled and stuck as a "Data Done Right" phone... I AM CONFUSED!
Custom ROMs I put on my origional VM LG Volt..... yes they worn on the Data Done Right LG Volt..... BUT... The APN fix dosent help....

Is the Data Done Right phone from Sprint? Virgin Mobile? Who???

ItsOn was disabled on my VM Volt.... Now its Enabled on this one.... and Im stuck without Data.... Yes the stock vz3.tot file sends it back to factory, but it leaves out some bloatware that is needed to make the phone activate.... Of course a ##72786# will push it to me, but what about a custom ROM?

I took the APNs-conf.xml from the vz3.tot once flashed to my phone and the Profile and PRL updated.... The APN's I get dont match up to ANY of the APN vmu fix.zips ive seen.... and I CANNOT get data or activation on the Carbon 4.4.4 ROM, which is preloaded with a few sprint/vm APNs... I havent tried any other custom ROMS because I dont know how to activate this phone with no on stock firmware.....
Is it possible the files needed are special, and not contained on the other ROMS?

I have not seen much mention online about people having Data Done Right phones....

Attachments

• apnbackupANDrecovery.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 265
  • apns-conf.txt
    6 KB · Views: 96
Data done right is Virgin Mobiles plans. The issue doesn't really have to much to do with the APN. The phone is most likely assigned to the carrier already by ESN so that it can only be used with the plan that it was advertised with. I think it would have to be flashed over a normal VM phone. I think the APN fix is for boost,sprint, or a standard virgin mobile plan. Also a lot of the custom roms have issues with the data to begin with especially LTE.

I origionally had a LG Volt with a Beyond Talk plan.... I bought a Walmart phone, that i didnt know was labeled and stuck as a "Data Done Right" phone... I AM CONFUSED!
Custom ROMs I put on my origional VM LG Volt..... yes they worn on the Data Done Right LG Volt..... BUT... The APN fix dosent help....

Is the Data Done Right phone from Sprint? Virgin Mobile? Who???

ItsOn was disabled on my VM Volt.... Now its Enabled on this one.... and Im stuck without Data.... Yes the stock vz3.tot file sends it back to factory, but it leaves out some bloatware that is needed to make the phone activate.... Of course a ##72786# will push it to me, but what about a custom ROM?

I took the APNs-conf.xml from the vz3.tot once flashed to my phone and the Profile and PRL updated.... The APN's I get dont match up to ANY of the APN vmu fix.zips ive seen.... and I CANNOT get data or activation on the Carbon 4.4.4 ROM, which is preloaded with a few sprint/vm APNs... I havent tried any other custom ROMS because I dont know how to activate this phone with no on stock firmware.....
Is it possible the files needed are special, and not contained on the other ROMS?

I have not seen much mention online about people having Data Done Right phones....

Upvote 0
II have talk text and wifi only, NO 4g, 3G for one second every 5 hours..... LTE Discovery shows barely any signal being sent out.... what do i do? I went back to stock.... I update eerything , ##72786#, NOTHING changes ANYTHING!

VM customer service,,,,, no luck. maybe in 72 hours with a ticket..... probably not tho...

Upvote 0
So you are activating the DDR device on Virgin Mobile, it accepted the ESN and Voice and SMS work? Interesting, it used to be the ESN was already activated in the Its On cloud?
Now that you have changed so many aspects IDK, but have your tried to turn Its On off. If you have the MSL then ##data#, edit, msl code, turn it off and reboot.
That worked with all my Zact devices, except LG Viper and Elite because they actually had a custom ROM, I doubt the newer LG device are configured in this manner since all Sprint devices come with its on function.

Upvote 0
Toggle for ItsOn to Enable/Disable wouldnt appear... ItsOn was stuck enabled... But I disabled eHRPD for the hell of it, shut my data toggle off, Re-Enabled eHRPD then Enabled my data in like 20 later and BOOM!!! There it was, LTE, the stupid little sun i thought id never miss!!!

Made a TWRP Backup immediately!

I should keed my hands off trying to flash ROMs on this phone, but Ill never learn :-D

Upvote 0
Toggle for ItsOn to Enable/Disable wouldnt appear... ItsOn was stuck enabled... But I disabled eHRPD for the hell of it, shut my data toggle off, Re-Enabled eHRPD then Enabled my data in like 20 later and BOOM!!! There it was, LTE, the stupid little sun i thought id never miss!!!

Made a TWRP Backup immediately!

I should keed my hands off trying to flash ROMs on this phone, but Ill never learn :-D
So if you dial ##data# and go to edit you can't turn Its On off?
It sounds as if you are using the device on your BT plan, but what service are you using the Device with? Virgin Mobile USA or Virgin Mobile DSDR ? Other?
I find it hard to believe that you can get data to work without disabling Its On? I am only going by my previous experience with Zact and VM Custom and it is certainly possible there were changes to the system going forward with DDR/DSDR.

Upvote 0
Yes, ##DATA# ; ItsON; Edit -> *MSL* ; ItsOn: Enabled.
- Clicking it does nothing, it us not able to be Disabled, it just gets dark for a second acknowledging you click it, but no option to Enable or Disable.
-The option below has an error;
(See Pic)

2015-10-08-04-01-05.png

I think Virgin Mobile (USA), look at all these and tell me what you think....
2015-10-08-03-54-37.png
2015-10-08-04-21-24.png
2015-10-08-04-21-38.png
2015-10-08-04-21-49.png
2015-10-08-04-22-21.png
2015-10-08-04-22-37.png
2015-10-08-04-22-44.png
2015-10-08-04-31-17.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones