• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera Comparison: Moto G5 Pro vs Honor 6X vs Blade V8 Pro

GamerCore

Android Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2010
California
twitter.com
So, I recently received the Moto G5 Plus for review and decided to do a camera comparison with the Honor 6X and ZTE Blade V8 Pro. For those that don't know, the Moto G Plus (5th Gen) actually has the same camera sensor and f/1.7 lens as the Galaxy S7, giving it the distinct advantage in this fight. At least in theory. Let's take a look:

Moto G5 Plus (left), Honor 6X (middle), ZTE Blade V8 Pro (right)

Moto G5 Plus IMG_20170403_142246594.jpg Honor 6X IMG_20170403_142256.jpg ZTE Blade V8 Pro IMG_20170403_142304.jpg

moto g5 plus vs blade v8 pro 1.jpg

Moto G5 Plus (left), Blade V8 Pro (right)​

As you can see in the above comparison, the Moto G5 Plus had a smoother look to their photo thanks to a much more aggressive noise filter, but the Blade V8 Pro captured more color information and detail. If you look at the mailbox and bushes, you can see all the colors therein with the Blade V8 Pro, while the Moto G5 kinda makes everything look like different shades of bleh. For more photos and comparison images, check out my full post below:

After all was said and done, in my personal opinion the Blade V8 Pro had the best photo quality out of the bunch. It's not perfect, mind you. The biggest downside being photos that come out far too dark when shooting in auto mode, but shoot with HDR on and everything is .

What do you guys think? Would love to hear some feedback on your experience with the Blade V8 Pro's camera and/or your thoughts on the photo comparison.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones