• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera failed

The camera bug is well known and as I understand is caused by the "sensor aidding" function under the network location finder. When yo take a picture you see a moving sattelite icon on screen. Thats the phone is trying to add geolocation to your pics and fails for some reason. Try to get a gps fix and see if the camera is ok then. The solution for me was to turn off "use wireless networks" under Settings/Location and security. Most custom roms fix this issue.

Upvote 0
I too have been having problems with the camera failing after updating to FroYo (via Kies). I've found using Camera360 works okay and doesn't crash. I will try both of the above tips using the normal camera app and report back. Roger that, over and out etc etc.

Upvote 0
i,m hoping someone can help, i,v had my 15800 for quite a few months and love it !! untill now all of a sudden when i try to take some pictures the message camera failed appeares, no settings or anything has changed and my memory card has loads of space left, i hope some one can help me please, many thanks paul a, i,v also noticed that my camera is using 91% of the battery even tho its not on !!! i,v tried all above solutions but to no avail, hoping someone can help, many thanks paul a

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones