1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Camera flash activates at the wrong time WTFSupport

Last Updated:

1. xjosh2724x

xjosh2724x Active Member

I've tried to take pictures of text in total darkness and the flash goes off before the camera can even focus! All my night shots are blurry, and unfocused.

The Lg Esteem didnt do this, it would go of while the camera is focusing, not at the same time:mad:

any fixes on this:confused:,

Advertisement
  2. budde2

budde2 Well-Known Member

That does suck. I have been looking for something to find some to fix but no luck

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk
  3. datahead

datahead Well-Known Member

Hmm. I do not have this problem, i just tested several times. Maybe try a different camera app such as "lg camera pro"? If still no luck, maybe try factory resetting your device??
  4. xjosh2724x

xjosh2724x Active Member

so you were able to take pictures of close up text for example a book or homework worksheet up close, and the phone focuses at the same time as the flash went off?

i didn't have this problem with my esteem cause when I pressed and held the camera button (in the dark) the flash would first light up, and then it would focus

here's an example (totally dark completely):http://s774.photobucket.com/albums/.../xjosh2724x/?action=view&current=CAM00121.jpg

Not dark, focused first then flash:http://s774.photobucket.com/albums/.../xjosh2724x/?action=view&current=CAM00122.jpg
    [​IMG]

Here's another of a game case in total darkness:

http://s774.photobucket.com/albums/yy27/xjosh2724x/?action=view&current=CAM00117.jpg

I cant even see the letters. :(
  5. datahead

I did more testing with this, and the stock camera does not get the desired results everytime. Sometimes didnt focus at all. But did work as one would expect it to. But i loaded up "camera 360" and would focus perfectly every time. It must be a problem with the stock camera app. Maybe someone can rip the.esteem cameras apk for us to try on our connects, if it will even work on our phones
  6. budde2

budde2 Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea will try in the morning

7. datahead

And just to make sure for when we do try to use the esteems camera apk, for the people who try it out, MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR CONNECTS CAMERA FIRST!! and wouldnt hurt to make a full nandroid backup first either ;)
    budde2 likes this.
  8. budde2

budde2 Well-Known Member

OK so I did it took the camera from esteem and put it on my connect and it will not work it deleted the other one and can't get it to install put in system app and reboot and nothing so no good

9. budde2

budde2 Well-Known Member

Camera zoom fix. Works perfect with the flash it works how the esteem stock camera works the flash is on before you take the pic