• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

themedic911

Lurker
Apr 4, 2011
I'm new to the Android phone, but u was just wondering if it was me or my phone but when I open up my camera & hit menu and check self portrait is it a certain way to hold the phone or certain lighting I should be in and also when taking a picture should face detection automatically detect ? Sorry it was so long. Thanks in advance.

if you have self portrait checked then just face the camera toward you it will beep/tick when focused then like a second later take the pic.

face detection needs to be checked in order for it to work automatically, when you tap menu and scroll down you should see that option
Thanks for the quick reply 2manyPHONES, yea i have face detection checked but sometimes it want detect the face, and when i check self portrait it takes forever to beep and take the picture. but i'll keep playing with it. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones