• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera Issues

jaymf

May 13, 2010
Hi everyone,

I've got a couple concerns regarding the camera.

First, there seems to be an ABnormal amount of rattle coming from the camera. I know the lens "floats" and generates a little bit of rattle that is audible with some movement, but it seems like mine is now rattling any time I handle it and even when the phone is vibrating, something I don't recall noticing before.

Second, this might be related to the first issue, but images I capture with the camera are EXTREMELY dark. When the picture shows up in review, it seems accurately lit, but when I go to "Photos" to review the picture, it's much, much darker than when it was captured or the review afterward. This happens with different metering methods, lighting and places. Even turning up the brightness on the settings doesn't bring it back to "normal". This seemed to have started in the last week or so, as my previous pictures don't have this problem.

When I use FXCamera to take a picture, the picture starts off dark rather than "brighter" like the default camera app.

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones