• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera lens not central? Check yours.

mcnob

May 14, 2010
Just noticed that the camera lens in mine is below centre behind the little round window that protects it. It doesn't affect the incoming light or quality at all but just wondering if this is a common thing or if I should maybe get an exchange.

Can you all check yours under a light and post your findings please?

Ta.

Just noticed that the camera lens in mine is below centre behind the little round window that protects it. It doesn't affect the incoming light or quality at all but just wondering if this is a common thing or if I should maybe get an exchange.

Serious nit picking there. If I still worked in a shop and you came in with that attitude, I would slap you with a wet fish. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Mine too. It appears that it actually does affect the camera performance when you take macro shots with the flash on. I take photos of documents and I have noticed that a bottom part of a picture is always darker than a top. Although it may have something to do with the top location of the flash hence improper flashlight distribution. But I agree - the design and build quality of them is far from great. HTC would be much better if it was Nokia..

Upvote 0
:mad: I've moaned about this for a while and everyone disagreed. Close images dont appear to be affected by the mis-alighned lens. Take a photo outside in landscape mode and your image incur major blur on one side of the image. I complained to HTC and they dismissed me. Its so irritating. It doesn't affect the video though fortunately.

Upvote 0
:mad: I've moaned about this for a while and everyone disagreed. Close images dont appear to be affected by the mis-alighned lens. Take a photo outside in landscape mode and your image incur major blur on one side of the image. I complained to HTC and they dismissed me. Its so irritating. It doesn't affect the video though fortunately.
I found this too but its nothing to do with the lens location. Its when you use tap to focus off centre, it seems to artificially blur the opposite side of the screen. Enable autofocus and it seems to disappear.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones