• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

camera picture blur

Personally, I swear by Camera 360 app cos it almost erradicates problems like this. Your principal problem is not enough light. You can go some way to cutting down on the problem by changing the ISO setting in the standard camera app. A higher ISO means faster shutter speed (less blur) but will result in more grainy pictures.

The more light you can get on the subject, the better. If you're using a higher ISO in a low-light situation, put the flash on permanent and hope for the best.

The camera aperture used ISN'T of the highest quality but it does the job as long as you know what you're doing.

Upvote 0
hang on, ISO is the settings that configures how much light is picked up right? so surely for blur-iness we should be trying to configure something like shutter speed? does this camera 360 do that?

By increasing the ISO number you increase the sensitivity of the camera sensor to light, i.e. more light is picked up.
Picking a higher ISO compensates for shutter speed in a way that it shortens the shutter speed.

For example,
a blurry photo: ISO 200 - Shutter speed 1/40 th of a second
a normal photo with ISO doubled: ISO 400 - SHutter speed 1/80th of a second

Upvote 0
By increasing the ISO number you increase the sensitivity of the camera sensor to light, i.e. more light is picked up.
Picking a higher ISO compensates for shutter speed in a way that it shortens the shutter speed.

For example,
a blurry photo: ISO 200 - Shutter speed 1/40 th of a second
a normal photo with ISO doubled: ISO 400 - SHutter speed 1/80th of a second

Oooo i seeeee! ty for the quick explanation to this...but still, is the DHD capable of faster shutter speeds without adjusting the ISO then? :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones