• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera randomly crashing?

I would try two more things before taking it back to Verizon:
1) Clear the camera app's data/cache
2) Boot into Safe mode and see if it still occurs
Report back the results here

I cleared the cache and data for the camera. The issue is random and I never know when it will happen so I don't see how safe mode will help me when this only happens once and a while.

Upvote 0
This could very well be a non issue, but worth considering in a troubleshooting brainstorm.

If you have a MicroSD card installed, and the camera is set to save data to it it could be a potential hurdle.
If you have an older or slower card, a card that is full or failing, or not seated properly it could be failing a status check and potentially force closing the camera.
Or the storage file system could have been changed or broken. Backing up the photo and video files and starting with a fresh clean storage folder and gallery could help - adding your backed up files back after it is reconfigured could possibly help.

It should warn you or default back to internal memory if the MicroSD is failing, but if not you could manually set the camera to save to internal memory and possibly eliminate a significant external variable

Filing a support ticket with HTC could be informative, especially if they are aware of a carrier that broke the camera software in the most recent update and plan to fix it in a future maintenance update.

Upvote 0
I have passwordbox on my phone and when i enable one tap log in, the camera starts crashing regularly. As soon as i disable one tap log in the camera works perfectly. It may be some conflict with an app.
Has the problem started recently, have you installed any apps around that time, maybe try uninstalling it if you have. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones