• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera Replacement

xblkph30nix

Lurker
Dec 23, 2014
Hello, thanks for reading this!

I was wondering if the camera model of a different provider determines whether or not it is compatible with your phone who is under a different provider.

Ex. I have a Verizon phone so if i took out the stock camera and replaced it with a new camera from a different provider, say T-Mobile, would my camera work or would an error read.

I'm asking because I recently bought and attempted to replace my camera, however when I reassembled my phone, an error popped up on any app requiring the use of the camera. After checking the connection several times, I am positive it is not due to connection problems, because I have been able to put my old camera back on the motherboard and it works perfectly fine... Just cracked!

Hello, thanks for reading this!

I was wondering if the camera model of a different provider determines whether or not it is compatible with your phone who is under a different provider.

Ex. I have a Verizon phone so if i took out the stock camera and replaced it with a new camera from a different provider, say T-Mobile, would my camera work or would an error read.

I'm asking because I recently bought and attempted to replace my camera, however when I reassembled my phone, an error popped up on any app requiring the use of the camera. After checking the connection several times, I am positive it is not due to connection problems, because I have been able to put my old camera back on the motherboard and it works perfectly fine... Just cracked!
It has to be the same model number. And yes different providers tend to have different model numbers. Verizon and t mobile are different s3's. So it could cause a problem. It would be more likely if it was an international version ( different chipset). But could it be related to whatever caused you to replace it in the first place?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones