• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera won't focus properly

Hi,

I've recently purchased a Note 3 and it seems the camera won't focus properly. The close up shots are high quality but the far shots its all blurry. Its not even that far lets say around 4-5 feet and the picture is blurry. It seems the auto focus on the camera is broken. I also downloaded another camera app Camera360 but its still the same.

Anyone having the same problem? Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks

That's the set up you should have

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381652622220.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381652622220.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 2,200
Upvote 0
It sounds to me like the OP's camera is stuck in "macro focus" mode. Problem is, I don't actually see an option for macro versus regular focus in the Note 3 like I had in the Note 2. Which makes me wonder, is it actually focusing at all or is it stuck at minimum focus?

To the person above, yes I did RTFM before going here but to no avail. I even did a factory reset just to be sure since I'm not really sure if its some setting or something.

Well the square turns green but the image won't get clear. I can take a clear picture of my hand (that's the best it could do get clear pictures very near) but not when its even a foot or more away.

To the person above experiencing the same problem, I feel you bro. My wife was very excited in having the note 3. Really disappointed in this problem

Upvote 0
I have noticed this blur and poor focusing on my Note 3 as well. I take close up pictures of jewelry/portrait of my customers at my shop and it always has a hard time focusing. Usually pictures come up blurry and I have to retake it a few times before comes out acceptable. My HTC ONE responds a bit better in this sense but the colors are off on the HTC ONE :(

Upvote 0
this is exactly the same issue I have. My settings are even on metering multi point and its appalling. Not sharp at all.
The more I do with this device the less impressed I am - for the cost.
Sky Go doesnt work either. Cant watch F1 while out and about! This is a top sepc device. Why did it work on n2 but not n3???

Upvote 0
Me too man. I went back to the store that I bought this from and checked out the camera on one of their hands on display. Picture is very sharp, made me angry a little bit inside since mine was so bad. I returned it hopefully it'll get fixed / replaced soon.

Too bad since its really a nice phone but our camera is defective. I'll update you on the tech's findings asap.

Upvote 0
Figured out my problem, you have to have smart stabilization on. I know it seems like a "duh" moment, but I hate using it. This is what caused the phone to say "processing" after you take a picture :/. I can no longer snap consecutive pictures quickly. (Granted this is in lower light settings -- but even in a restaurant during the day it goes off).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones