• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera won't focus properly

Well, mine seems to focus accurately from about 3" to infinity. I'm frankly amazed at how close it will focus.

My focus is remarkably fast and accurate. If there is a problem, it isn't with every Note 3.
Same here, this is about 3".

20131018_094415_zps5cea4c2b.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeah my note 3 takes horrible pics even in bright light. On the highest setting, when you zoom to full resolution, it has a claymation look to the pic. Some come out clear, and some come out blurry. I got rid of my iphone 5s for this because I was bored with it, and the note cant hold a candle to the iphone 5/5c/5s camera. Not even close. Sucks. I now find myself taking way less pics of the kids nowadays than I used to. Video works perfect though.

Upvote 0
the camera is crap. You shouldn't have to place it on a tri-pod to get a good shot. Never had to with my note 2 and that took much better pics than the n3. If I want perfect pictures I'll use my dslr. However for pulling a camera out of my pocket and taking a quick snap, I expect more from todays smart phones.
Today I took shots in london and they are all blurry. The video i took was better, but then replaying that through my samsung tv was slow and kept buffering every few seconds. Samsung need to sort out their tech. I aint impressed with a top of the range

Upvote 0
Shadow, I'm running across this post late in the game. First of all ignore all of the smart a$$ comments from people who think they know what you're dealing with because they have no clue. My phone did exactly what yours is doing. I was still within my 30 day return time at Best Buy. While there I had a Samsung representative look at it and he was completely stumped. This is a legitimate problem. Call it a glitch or whatever but it is a problem regardless of what camera settings you tweak. He deemed it a hardware issue. What is shocking is that he's never heard of this problem before even though there seems to be quite a few people with this issue. Definitely want to get the insurance on these phones.

Upvote 0
the camera is crap. You shouldn't have to place it on a tri-pod to get a good shot.

I use a tripod for over 98% of the time with any camera. I always find I need a tripod to get a good shot regardless. But maybe that's to do with my caffeine addiction. The shape and ergonomics of phones is particularly unconducive to getting a steady hand held shot in any case. I wouldn't even try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones