Can all HTC Sense widgets be recreated by LP (LauncherPro)?

Last Updated:

1. SkinJob

SkinJob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks to "AngryFanWarrior" I was able to play around with LauncherPro, and I like the possibilities, and am looking to get Plus version. But I am concerned about the Sense widgets that I can't use, and Plus does not come with all the Sense widgets, just a limited few. I'm not sure what all the widgets are that I can't use with LP, but I definitely know I want to use the "People" contact manager and the media player. Can I somehow get the same People contact manager, and am I able to transfer all of the contacts from the People Sense app to the new app that works with LP?

Q. I've already got the flip clock ("Fancy Widget), so I think that does the same thing as HTC's. But can I get a "People" replacement that has all the same features, and am I able to transfer all of the contacts I created in HTC's "People" widget? Can I find a Calendar/Agenda replacement with the same features? (n.b. I don't really want complicated apps with a ton of features; that's what I like about HTC's widgets). Same Media Player perhaps?

Advertisement
  2. sharkync

sharkync Member

The people widget, as far as I know, is supported in "plus". Also, there is a calendar widget in the regular Launcherpro. Don't know how closely they resemble those found in Sense. Check out youtube for Launcherpro plus vids - I found them very helpful.

3. TitanAlum

TitanAlum Active Member

Everything, except the media player. Additionally, you can resize the widgets. LP can be as simple as you need with the ability to be customized ten fold more than Sense along with advanced functionality. All while keeping it simple. :D 5 star app and getting better all the time. I still use sense once in a while for old times sake, but find myself going back less and less.

4. Atlv011

Atlv011 New Member

I'm not sure what all the widgets are that I can't use with LP, but I definitely know I want to use the "People" contact manager and the media player.

5. quebert

quebert Well-Known Member

LPP has similar widgets, but they're not the same, and not as good IMHO. Sense has one that will display new emails (the actual email not just a notification) And I like the SMS widget more, but that ones just personal preference on my part. There's no music widget in LPP and nothing I can find that's anywhere close to as cool as the Sense one. LPP definitely will give you the best alternative widgets to Sense.

6. moe_12345

moe_12345 Member

Yeah, HTC People is far superior to the LPP widget as an example. On the new SenseHD (ported to Desire) HTC widgets/apps rule - they're awesome.