• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can an S3 or One X push different audio through USB and 3.5 sockets?

djlins

Lurker
Sep 21, 2012
Hi there, I am contemplating getting an S3 or OneX and want to use it to mess around with MP3 DJing apps.

I had an iPhone and one problem with it was you couldn't use it to DJ mp3 files properly. You had to split the stereo signal coming out of the 3.5 jack to have the mixing tune on the left channel and the live tune on the right, so the live could only ever be in mono.

I see the S3 and OneX has a micro USB port and from reading up on it a bit I see that the USB does allow audio out.

So my question is simple:
Can you have one audio stream pushing out on the USB socket, and a separate audio stream pushing out to the 3.5 jack socket?

If so then are there already any DJing apps out there that take advantage of this hardware?

Cheers all,

Lins.

Hi there chanchan05 thanks for the quick reply.

I don't think I can post links yet but does that mean then that micro USB headphones (you may have to search google on micro usb headphones) wouldn't be able to plug into androids and get audio out uniquely let alone on a separate stream?
I have heard rumors that the Galaxy S3 can do this but it seems to be a few have got it working and a few havent.

Would you know then if a bluetooth headset can connect to (bluetooth enabled) devices and get a separate audio stream from what might be sent on the 3.5mm socket?

Cheers again,

Lins.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones