Can i create a music playlist from my computer for the vibrant?

Last Updated:

1. rahuldang

rahuldang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi i have a mac, obviously with itunes on it, and i wanted to create a workout playlist and the only way i find that i can so far is by opening the music player on the vibrant and physically picking each and every song that i want which is taking forever. is there anyway to create playlists and to even sync the vibrant with my itunes? thanks!

Advertisement
  2. pdxfilms

pdxfilms Member

Found a couple tutorials describing how to sync with iTunes - both wired and wirelessly.

I just have to wait til Monday for my new phone to arrive to try 'em out!

3. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

You could also try DoubleTwist. You install this on your computer and sync it with the phone. It does sync with your iTunes also from what I've read.

4. Notus

Notus New Member

None of that stuff works. I've tried everything and the Vibrants stock music player doesn't see any playlists on the external memory or the sd card.

5. jkcheng122

jkcheng122 Well-Known Member

I'm using MixZing for this very reason. The default player doesn't see the .m3u playlist files I've created via WinAmp. I tried Cubed also but it kept making duplicates of my existing playlist and I got sick of deleting the extras constantly.

6. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

Double Twist works on mine. Before I realized that, tho, I installed Easy Phone Tunes from the market. Works like a charm. Just created a folder in Itunes specifically for my phone and then synced that folder to my phone with the app. HTH!

7. elgibby

elgibby Well-Known Member

I have ratings-based playlists in addition to the stock playlists in iTunes (all 3-, 4- and 5-star songs, for example). Will MixZing recognize these playlists? Or some other program/android player?

8. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I have the opposite question, how do I export my Playlists from my phone to my Laptop??

9. IzzyBell

IzzyBell New Member

Quick Notes - I have a mac and a new Samsung Vibrant phone. I wanted to sync, download, upload playlist from itunes to Vibrant.

Note - I switched my sd card with Avatar loaded on it to my other 4GB sd card.
    If you do this, you will not have Avatar to view!

You have wireless option, bluetooth or wired. I tried wired first.

On Vibrant go to Android Market and search for TuneSync, download on phone. First do the free one. On your computer go to highwindsoftware.com, download application for your computer ie, (host). Choose either windows or mac, depending on your operating system.

You may have to go to your sd settings and check some items like sync now, sync when wired and so forth.

With phone plugged in and both things above done, make sure you have your sd card mounted. Top left of phone you will see your usb icon, pull this down to mount and unmount.

Your phone will see your itunes library, from there you can select which playlists you want to sync.

Now to test to see if your music plays you have to UNMount your sd card. Do this then go to applications, music player and voila!!!!

Any problems, go to highwindsoft.com

Good Luck

10. jkcheng122

jkcheng122 Well-Known Member

You can move that Avatar file elsewhere and put it on the new SD card, or just move it to the Vibrant's 16GB internal SD.