• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I Get Onscreen 'BACK' Button...?

Hi

Is there anything out there - or any way to get a 'BACK' button on screen somehow at all?

I am already getting fed up of using a stylus on my LG GT540 but then having to press the back button.

Would appreciate any help on this.

Also, what is the best way to close as app - as the back button just steps backwards but leave the app open. Surely there is an easier way than opening a task killer each time?

Cheers.

Beat me to it, that app works great.

One issue I'm having is that I turned off haptic feedback in the app and I have haptic feedback off at the system level, but when I click that little tab to pull out button savoir icons, I still get a haptic response.

The dev says it's my system, but I really doubt that.

Can anyone confirm one way or another?

Upvote 0
Also, what is the best way to close as app - as the back button just steps backwards but leave the app open. Surely there is an easier way than opening a task killer each time?

Cheers.
Just back your way out or hit home. Android will close the app on it's own if it needs to reclaim some memory.

Uninstall your task killer, they aren't necessary, just let Android deal with the memory management as it sees fit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones