• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I offload a Google Play book

boyzero

Lurker
Mar 23, 2015
(My HTC Desire 610 is running Android 4.4.2, network is AT&T)

It's my wife's phone. She purchased a novel from Google Play. Where did that file get stored, I wonder?? A related thread in this forum from August 2012 says it would be found under /Android/data/com.google.android.apps.books/. But my phone has no such folder. It has similarly-named folders, one for movies, one for games, one for magazines (not sure as the phone isn't in front of me just now) but there is no folder with the word "books" in its title. I set my Folder Options to show hidden files and folders just to be certain I wasn't overlooking anything, but no there is no such location.

Yes, I have vain hopes of off-loading the book that was purchased and using free software to convert its format (if necessary) and then load it into my wife's Nook using the free utility by Adobe that can do that. It's the challenge of the undertaking more than anything, I guess, since my wife hasn't begged me to do this conversion. So if I fail it's of little consequence.

Can anyone here point me to where the file (the purchased Google Play book) is located? I wish to off-load it. Many thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones