• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can i use any cdma phone with straight talk? if not, how?

Straight Talk is expected to launch a BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program for CDMA phones soon, using Verizon's network, and a limited set of compatible phones (none of which support LTE).

Here's a link to one article on the subject: Verizon CDMA BYOP for Net10 and StraightTalk Delayed, For Now | PhoneNews.com

I'll also point out that recently Straight Talk stopped offering AT&T compatible SIMs, and new customers on their BYOP program were limited to T-Mobile SIMs only. This may have changed, or may change soon, but I would recommend checking the current status of this situation before spending money on a phone you think will be compatible.

If you want to stick with CDMA, Page Plus works on Verizon's network, and they'll activate virtually any Verizon phone that doesn't support LTE.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones