Can not connect to serverSupport

1. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Well-Known Member

I just completed my first month with Virgin Mobile, and have been very happy.

Today is the first day of month #2. I powered on my phone and received a phone call. That worked fine. However, I can not connect to anything that used the data plan. Opera Mini, email, nothing. They all say "Can not connect to server".

Any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. ClubSteeler

Some apps say "Can not connect to server, check network settings"

Others say, "Server not responding."

The settings look fnie. No I am not in airplane mode or anything like that.
  3. harvickchick

harvickchick Well-Known Member

Yeah, same thing happened to me...there's a thread around here somewhere about how to properly restart your months. Might wanna look at that. I'm about to restart again and I need to look again to so I don't have the same problem this month haha
  4. ClubSteeler

If you find it, please post a link.

BTW - I never let my subscription expire. I paid for month #2 weeks ago.
  5. ClubSteeler

Another strange thing.....
    Tried to send a text and it was returned saying my blance was low.
    Yes my online payment history shows Feb bill paid on 1/20, and next payment due on 3/1.

I need to call customer service.
  6. ClubSteeler

Just in case this happens to anyone else...
    It was my fault.

According to customer service, I have to log in to my account on the first of every month, and restart my monthly plan. Without being under contract, I can change plans every month. Even though I paid for the month weeks in advance, I need to log in and start the new month, other wise nothing will work except for the phone until all my minutes are used up.

I assumed, that since I paid for the same plan ,the same plan would continue every month. Wrong.

Live and learn. Phone is working great again.
  7. harvickchick

harvickchick Well-Known Member

Yeah you can't pay weeks ahead of time or else it kinda treats it as "pay as you go" so everytime i did something on my phone, my balance went down from the $25. Mine is due on the 9th and i paid it on the 8th and it did that, you have to pay on the exact day it's due i guess. Kinda a pain in the butt, but for what we pay for service, I'll take it haha :)
  8. ClubSteeler

No kidding. My wife has an iPhone. I like this phone every bit as much, and it burns me up how much $$$ we send to ATT compared to Virgin.