• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can not connect to server

ClubSteeler

Jan 7, 2011
I just completed my first month with Virgin Mobile, and have been very happy.

Today is the first day of month #2. I powered on my phone and received a phone call. That worked fine. However, I can not connect to anything that used the data plan. Opera Mini, email, nothing. They all say "Can not connect to server".

Any ideas?

Just in case this happens to anyone else...
It was my fault.

According to customer service, I have to log in to my account on the first of every month, and restart my monthly plan. Without being under contract, I can change plans every month. Even though I paid for the month weeks in advance, I need to log in and start the new month, other wise nothing will work except for the phone until all my minutes are used up.

I assumed, that since I paid for the same plan ,the same plan would continue every month. Wrong.

Live and learn. Phone is working great again.

Upvote 0
Yeah you can't pay weeks ahead of time or else it kinda treats it as "pay as you go" so everytime i did something on my phone, my balance went down from the $25. Mine is due on the 9th and i paid it on the 8th and it did that, you have to pay on the exact day it's due i guess. Kinda a pain in the butt, but for what we pay for service, I'll take it haha :)

Upvote 0
Yeah you can't pay weeks ahead of time or else it kinda treats it as "pay as you go" so everytime i did something on my phone, my balance went down from the $25. Mine is due on the 9th and i paid it on the 8th and it did that, you have to pay on the exact day it's due i guess. Kinda a pain in the butt, but for what we pay for service, I'll take it haha :)

No kidding. My wife has an iPhone. I like this phone every bit as much, and it burns me up how much $$$ we send to ATT compared to Virgin.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones