• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can not flash anything, please help!

nemix94

Lurker
Dec 7, 2012
Well the power on/off button on my g300 doesnt work anymore because i broke it.

and i can not select anything from the recovery menu and i cant even boot to recovery but i can boot to recovery from ADB

i tried flash with fastboot the cwm touch zip and img but none work because it always says waiting for device

also when i write adb devices the device is recognized but when i write fastboot devices it doesnt say anything

and when i turn the phone on, i had b2g but i forgot the security code, i managed to delete the settings with adb and it was back on default and b2g booted normally, now it doesnt boot anymore and i only see the red huawei logo is it possible that i have softbricked my phone any way to fix this?

Welcome to the forums Nemix! I think you might get more responses in you device thread. I'll move that for you. I think you have went about things the right way by attempting to install a touch recovery, but it appears something went awry. Hopefully the folks in the Huawei section that have more knowledge about your device can help you out!!

Reactions: nemix94
Upvote 0
Doesn't look like there is great support for this device here so I'll try my best to lend a helping hand eventhough I'm not familiar with the Huawei devices at all.

I assume you flashed the correct CWM for your device, appears to be located here:
[RECOVERY] CWM 6 RECOVERY TOUCH & NON TOUCH - Huawei Ascend G300 - G300.MoDaCo.com - MoDaCo

I have used TWRP touch for almost a year and have had nothing but good things to say about it. It is located here, you may want to give it a shot:
Team Win Recovery for Huawei U8815/Ascend G 300 - Huawei Ascend G300 - G300.MoDaCo.com - MoDaCo

See if you can use ADB to boot into recovery and get up and running on TWRP.

Upvote 0
I can boot to recovery, but i cant press anything because of the broken on off button.
How can i install twrp? maybe trough adb, but fastboot devices doesnt recognize the phone only adb devices does do i have to turn fastboot or usb debugging on, does it work trough adb, to turn them on?

Upvote 0
it still says waiting for device, i extracted the rar and replaced cwm.img with the touch cwm i have, maybe i have to activate fastboot from adb, lol i thought i had to activate usb debugging but without usb debugging adb wouldnt even work
its defently a problem with fastboot
i had CM9 before and then i flashed Boot2Gecko and now its stuck on the huawei logo

adb devices - recognizes the device
fastboot devices - doesnnt recognize the device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones