Can not flash anything, please help!

1. nemix94

nemix94 Member

Well the power on/off button on my g300 doesnt work anymore because i broke it.

and i can not select anything from the recovery menu and i cant even boot to recovery but i can boot to recovery from ADB

i tried flash with fastboot the cwm touch zip and img but none work because it always says waiting for device

also when i write adb devices the device is recognized but when i write fastboot devices it doesnt say anything

and when i turn the phone on, i had b2g but i forgot the security code, i managed to delete the settings with adb and it was back on default and b2g booted normally, now it doesnt boot anymore and i only see the red huawei logo is it possible that i have softbricked my phone any way to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums Nemix! I think you might get more responses in you device thread. I'll move that for you. I think you have went about things the right way by attempting to install a touch recovery, but it appears something went awry. Hopefully the folks in the Huawei section that have more knowledge about your device can help you out!!
    nemix94 likes this.
  3. nemix94

nemix94 Member

Thanks, hopefully ill get this sorted out.
  4. MSUgEEk

Doesn't look like there is great support for this device here so I'll try my best to lend a helping hand eventhough I'm not familiar with the Huawei devices at all.

I assume you flashed the correct CWM for your device, appears to be located here:
    [RECOVERY] CWM 6 RECOVERY TOUCH & NON TOUCH - Huawei Ascend G300 - G300.MoDaCo.com - MoDaCo

I have used TWRP touch for almost a year and have had nothing but good things to say about it. It is located here, you may want to give it a shot:
    Team Win Recovery for Huawei U8815/Ascend G 300 - Huawei Ascend G300 - G300.MoDaCo.com - MoDaCo

See if you can use ADB to boot into recovery and get up and running on TWRP.
  5. nemix94

nemix94 Member

I can boot to recovery, but i cant press anything because of the broken on off button.
    How can i install twrp? maybe trough adb, but fastboot devices doesnt recognize the phone only adb devices does do i have to turn fastboot or usb debugging on, does it work trough adb, to turn them on?
  6. MSUgEEk

7. nemix94

nemix94 Member

Okay, I'll report back with the result.
  8. nemix94

nemix94 Member

it still says waiting for device, i extracted the rar and replaced cwm.img with the touch cwm i have, maybe i have to activate fastboot from adb, lol i thought i had to activate usb debugging but without usb debugging adb wouldnt even work
    its defently a problem with fastboot
    i had CM9 before and then i flashed Boot2Gecko and now its stuck on the huawei logo

adb devices - recognizes the device
    fastboot devices - doesnnt recognize the device
  9. MSUgEEk

My next advice would be check and make sure you have the proper drivers installed. Uninstall them and re-install them.