• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Can only see app in google play if searched with no spaces in title

My app has been up for about 3 days and I can't see it even if search by the exact name and the developer name too. However, when I don't put a space in the title, it shows up. Now I know that common words in title will result in a less likely chance of app being shown in search results, but the problem is the app doesn't show up AT ALL, even if I scroll all the way down. My problem isn't with where my app is in the list, but that it isn't shown even if I scroll to the bottom of the 250 results. Could my manifest be causing this? I have already asked this in other forums and I would really appreciate some help. Thank you!

Reactions: nickabbasi1
I had the same problem. Even when I searched for the title of my game (Gravity Gunner) I would receive 250 results none of which had that name. I presume its because the search will look for apps with the word Gravity or Gunner in the title. You would have thought that an app with both of the words would take priority though :/
It's been about a week since I released it and the game is now showing when I search for Gravity Gunner so I guess it's just a case of waiting. Having more downloads and ratings apparently improves your chances as well so try to get as many people you know to download and rate it.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem. Even when I searched for the title of my game (Gravity Gunner) I would receive 250 results none of which had that name. I presume its because the search will look for apps with the word Gravity or Gunner in the title. You would have thought that an app with both of the words would take priority though :/
It's been about a week since I released it and the game is now showing when I search for Gravity Gunner so I guess it's just a case of waiting. Having more downloads and ratings apparently improves your chances as well so try to get as many people you know to download and rate it.

I was getting annoyed with this very same issue the last few days and I agree with the above.

I think that Google Play should first order by relevency and then order thoes results by ratings/downloads etc, so an app with the title "Gravity Gunner" would allways place above an app with the title "Gravity Destroyer", it just seems more logical to do it that way to me.

Upvote 0
It may do in the future . Google is having a ruff time with a lot of things just as the Google music app . if you scroll or just open the app it immediately force close with a stupid error . it isn't the device its Google . if you goto Google and ask they have you do some dumb stuff such as fart on your device :eek::D etc but it didn't work when I was done .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones