• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can someone help me update my baseband version?

ad1nf1n1tum

Jun 6, 2010
I'm currently running the CM6 rom on my DINC, and I guess I forgot to update my baseband version, which is preventing me from using WiFi, and my camcorder function. So I downloaded the baseband update.zip, and put it on the root of my microSD, formatted in fat32 btw. Hboot detects the update.zip, but for whatever reason can't install it. When I go into ClockworkMod Recovery, and choose the apply sdcard:update.zip option, after 'Writing RDL/BP image..." I get the error "E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (status 0) Installation aborted". Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Where did you get this file? I haven't seen it called that anywhere. First, make sure that you dont have any other images in your root. Last thing you want to do is install the wrong thing! Try using this one (adrynalyne was the one who uploaded this for everyone), do not rename it. Just boot into HBOOT, and it should see the image and ask you if you want to update,
http://adrynalyne.us/files/radio/2.15.00.07.28/PB31IMG.zip

Reactions: ad1nf1n1tum
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones