Can someone please post the default ringtones and notifications for downloadSupport

Last Updated:

1. boarder1473

boarder1473 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am an HTC Incredible user but would like to compare or see if the HTC Evo has different default ringtones and notifications. Can someone with an Evo please post them for download? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

I don't think they can be taken off the phone. They reside on the phones internal memory and file browsers don't have access to that, only the SD card.

3. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

4. boarder1473

boarder1473 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for posting so quickly. They are the exact same as the sounds on the HTC Incredible. Thanks again.

5. jayrodathome

jayrodathome New Member

wow!! thanks. After updating my incredible to 2.2 I lost all of my default ringtones! thanks for posting this! I found it immediately after searching Google for a resolution.

6. Cheezwedge

Cheezwedge New Member

Wow amazing! I have been looking for hours and I finally found this, thanks! Why was that so hard to find lol?

7. apex_dad

apex_dad New Member

I heard someone else here in the office that had a great ringtone on her HTC incredible. It sounded like Chinese wind chimes. When I asked, she said it was one of the default tones. Any chance of someone posting the pre loaded tones for the Incredible?

Never mind, I just found the tone in the pack already linked in this thread! Thanks.

8. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

Many of the ringtone apps will access the internal ringtones and allow you to save them to a folder on the sd card.

Here is one example.

mp3 sports - Android app on AppBrain

9. ustyrant

ustyrant New Member

This is probably a stupid question, but how do I move these to the phone? I want the "light.wav" alarm...I'm thinking I need to convert the file type?

I'm running cm7 on evo

10. mannee

mannee Member

I've been searching the forum but nobody seems to know the answer, so let me try to ask it a different way:

Does anybody know, in taking an EVO out of the box, where are the ringtones stored by default? Without having to create this here and move this there. :confused:

11. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

They are stored in

/system/media/audio

However an out of box EVO doesn't have permissions to write there if that's what you're trying to do.

Granite1 likes this.
  12. jimiDMBthing

jimiDMBthing New Member

I somehow lost the US cellular ringtone on my HTC desire (i think because I cleared app data or the cache on some app. I've got the low space problem so I was hoping cleaning some of that up would help). Could someone post that the US cellular ringtone if they have it? I really like that for my text notification. Thanks!

13. mannee

mannee Member

ScorpDX, is this path only visible on a rooted phone? I can't see it while plugged in via usb.

14. samson smith

samson smith New Member

I know the name of one site that has good collection of wind chimes sound. Trust me, the wind chimes sound is gentler as well as soothing to the ears and also providing a peaceful background sound while working or playing. You can search these types of ringtone on YouTube. YouTube have good collection of different types of wind chimes sound.

15. Elisa916

Elisa916 New Member

Thanks for that file, InstantKarma! All my ringtones were lost when I cleared the data. I came to find just this. It was super easy to download the folder and drag it right over onto my sd card.

16. akc5247

akc5247 New Member

Is the above ONLY for rooted phones? please clarify as i cannot access those via USB on my DroidX .

17. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Yes the above path can only be accessed with a rooted device. You can save any notification sound or ringtone to your sd card and the phone can use it. Create a folder tree like this:
    Media / Audio / Notifications Ringtones (2 seperate folders).

Place the files in the appropriate folder and the phone will show them. :)

You can also download the stock rooted Rom, then open the zip file with 7zip and navigate to the folder shown in the path above, then simply drag and drop the files or the entire folder to your desktop to get the stock ringtones and notification sounds. ;)

18. DesertMoonlighting

DesertMoonlighting New Member

I'm trying to find a copy of a ringtone/text alert that I loved on my old Evo which I don't have anymore ... I think it was called "Riff". It seems an impossible feat via Google search. Can anyone help?

19. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Welcome to the forums!

I actually remember that one lmao!

No promises but somewhere on one of my usb backup drives I may still have my original nandroid backups.

If true, I will definitely post it here for you.

The original Evo tones just nailed it!

marctronixx likes this.
  20. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

EarlyMon likes this.
  21. DesertMoonlighting

DesertMoonlighting New Member

Thank you so much for trying to help me! I wish that was it --- I had found that one but this was a very short (very similar to above) alert that I used as a text notification. It was distinctive and I thought it was called "Riff" ... can't find it ANYWHERE! I do know it was on my Evo --- and actually thought it was on Android prior to that but I can't remember the name of that phone.

Mikestony likes this.
  22. Mindstrong

Mindstrong New Member

OUTSTANDING!!! I've been looking for this "dream" notifier ringtone forever, thanks a lot

23. Kristyn0221

Kristyn0221 New Member

YES! Thank you SO MUCH! I had an HTC Evo 3G and loved the "Curve" ringtone.. it has always been stuck in my head, and wish I could just have it again on my new phones. It's been almost 4 years since I've heard it! This is awesome, thank you! :D