Can VOODOO lag fix be used with froyo 2.2?Support

Last Updated:

1. gil80

gil80 Member This Topic's Starter

hi.
    I have galaxy S I9000 froyo 2.2 official. Orange rom.
    I currently use Z4ROOT with RyanZA OCLF version 2.2.8. Benchmark score is around 1800.
    I read somwehre that the VOODOO lag fix is better.
    Can it work with froyo 2.2? Do I need to root my phone with other application? (uninstall Z4ROOT)?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. andyf941

andyf941 Member

Yes you can, there's a version of Voodoo especially for FroYo. I've tried both, I don't want to get into any 'this is better than that' arguments, but I found Voodoo makes my phone more responsive. You just need to remove OCLF before applying Voodoo, I've still got my phone rooted with Z4.

3. gil80

where do I findit?

4. adderxp

adderxp Member

hi im also interesed in the voodoo lagfix have just updated my samsung galaxy s to froyo and very laggy and tried oclf and keeps saying to much data installed please remove but i havent much on the phone any help or ideas would be helpfull or anything i could try im bit off a nood
    maybe voodoo would be better but where do i find the lagfix for froyo and how do i install it please any help :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

5. ayongkot

ayongkot Well-Known Member

follow this link
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BpoZycEkNHDr28bkUb1KdJy2xdQ7ZDowpHVMGpXheGc/edit?hl=en#

i just made my galaxy fly, ha ha ha. it was very easy, just be patient as it will take long after the reboot. i have froyo (jpp eu version) from samsungfirmware.com (think this is official) as it is still not available here in italy.

good luck

note: by the way, i have z4root and oclf lagfix before applying the voodoo lagfix. what i did was uninstall the oclf lagfix only, flsh voodoo and then re-root using the z4root.

6. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Get all the information at XDA-developers, and do your research (otherwise you may end up with a shiny brick).

Voodoo is definitely better than OCLF.

I would recommend Chainfire Root, rather than Z4, because you get other goodies like 2e recovery (and you'll be using essentially the same method in Odin to flash to CF Root that you will be using to apply Voodoo).

moeztrabelsi likes this.
  7. gil80

thanks for the help :)

8. divyamber

divyamber Member

After voodoo and Z4 root my galaxy s won't connect to kies. I have froyo 2.2 on sgs. how to connect and if not possible how to remove vodoo.

9. jayxee02

jayxee02 New Member

can you guys help me :((((( i put the lag fix

[UTIL][OUTDATED] One Click Lag Fix 2.0 - xda-developers

then its finish it rebooted and after it rebooted the samsung galaxy s logo came and took alot of time after that the screen turns black but the light of the menu and back buttons still lights and it vibrates and thats it

i have z4root on it.

please help me :(