• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can VOODOO lag fix be used with froyo 2.2?

gil80

Nov 12, 2010
hi.
I have galaxy S I9000 froyo 2.2 official. Orange rom.
I currently use Z4ROOT with RyanZA OCLF version 2.2.8. Benchmark score is around 1800.
I read somwehre that the VOODOO lag fix is better.
Can it work with froyo 2.2? Do I need to root my phone with other application? (uninstall Z4ROOT)?

Thanks

hi.
I have galaxy S I9000 froyo 2.2 official. Orange rom.
I currently use Z4ROOT with RyanZA OCLF version 2.2.8. Benchmark score is around 1800.
I read somwehre that the VOODOO lag fix is better.
Can it work with froyo 2.2? Do I need to root my phone with other application? (uninstall Z4ROOT)?

Thanks

Yes you can, there's a version of Voodoo especially for FroYo. I've tried both, I don't want to get into any 'this is better than that' arguments, but I found Voodoo makes my phone more responsive. You just need to remove OCLF before applying Voodoo, I've still got my phone rooted with Z4.

Upvote 0
hi im also interesed in the voodoo lagfix have just updated my samsung galaxy s to froyo and very laggy and tried oclf and keeps saying to much data installed please remove but i havent much on the phone any help or ideas would be helpfull or anything i could try im bit off a nood
maybe voodoo would be better but where do i find the lagfix for froyo and how do i install it please any help :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Upvote 0
where do I findit?

follow this link
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BpoZycEkNHDr28bkUb1KdJy2xdQ7ZDowpHVMGpXheGc/edit?hl=en#

i just made my galaxy fly, ha ha ha. it was very easy, just be patient as it will take long after the reboot. i have froyo (jpp eu version) from samsungfirmware.com (think this is official) as it is still not available here in italy.

good luck

note: by the way, i have z4root and oclf lagfix before applying the voodoo lagfix. what i did was uninstall the oclf lagfix only, flsh voodoo and then re-root using the z4root.

Upvote 0
Get all the information at XDA-developers, and do your research (otherwise you may end up with a shiny brick).

Voodoo is definitely better than OCLF.

I would recommend Chainfire Root, rather than Z4, because you get other goodies like 2e recovery (and you'll be using essentially the same method in Odin to flash to CF Root that you will be using to apply Voodoo).

Reactions: moeztrabelsi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones