Can/Will the Live Wallpaper.apk be Ported to Eris?General

Last Updated:

1. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My question is since the live wallpapers is an apk and it has been ported to a few other devices, why has it not been ported to the droid eris. We know that with the OTA we won't be getting live wallpapers, so for the people that want them I say we should try to port it over to the Eris. Unfortunately I have close to no knowledge on how to port. If anyone knows how to and is willing to it would be greatly appreciated.:)

Advertisement
  2. graphitedv

graphitedv Well-Known Member

It is possible, but in my trying to port FriendStream, I found that the apk has other dependencies. I have a rooted Eris and the live wallpapers lost their wow factor about a day later.

3. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

there are rooted people running live wallpapers already. It's not going to be given to Eris customers by Verizon due to the lacking resources of the phone.

I would like to see how an Eris runs overclocked to 700mHz. I bet it would handle live wallpaper like a dream then.

4. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That would be really cool to see friendstream on the eris, hopefully you can successfully port it!

5. graphitedv

graphitedv Well-Known Member

I would not say the phone does not have the resources. Mine run fine and the system is still responsive. OC'ing the Eris would be a battery drain waiting to happen.

6. johnny quest

johnny quest Well-Known Member

In rooting the phone, how would one go about getting live wallpapers on the Eris? I've rooted my phone and put a Rom and its working fine but would like to add a touch to it by adding Live wallpapers. Can someone direct me to how? thank you.

7. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

8. iggypop123

iggypop123 Well-Known Member

i have rooted phone and using the walpapers is useless. so much lag. not worht the trouble.

9. Filipino.Cowboy

Filipino.Cowboy Well-Known Member

Yeah. Rooted at 768mhz, and live wallpaper still lags. Maybe not the wallpaper itself, but swiping screens lags.