• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you disable the Recents button on the navigation bar for Android 13?

Ben116

Lurker
Apr 9, 2023
On my Galaxy S22 phone (running Android 13), when I tap the Recents button on the navigation bar, it shows "# active in background" at the top of the screen if I have # apps active in the background (assuming # > 0). If I then click on "# active in background", a window will pop up labeled "Check background activity", and I am able to force stop any of my apps that are running in the background from that screen. I use an "app blocker" app called AppLock Fingerprint (from the Google Play store, developer SpSoft), and I can easily force stop AppLock Fingerprint by doing this, which defeats the purpose of having it. Is there any way to disable the "# active in background" button, the "Check background activity" window, or the Recents button on the navigation bar itself?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones